Do you have self control?

When I woke up today, I checked my phone immediately for any important calls that I missed or message. I found a forwarded message which I usually deleted when I receive like this without reading. But the word "dad" stops me before I erase it. The message goes like this :

"While dad was polishing his new car, his 4 yr old son picked up a stone and scratched lines on the side of the car. In his fits of anger dad took the child's hands & hit it many times, didnt realize that he hit the child's hand with a wrench. At the hospital his child asked,"dad when will my fingers grow back?". Dad was so hurt, he went back to the car and kicked the car alot of times. Sitting back, he looked at the scratches the child made. It reads, "I love you Daddy" .

This message touched me. When you are provoke, bursted, hurt, upset most of us reacted differently. I remember the movie I watched with levi the "incredible hulk" -the guy went to training because of the willingness on how to control himsef especially when he is angry to prevent his transformation to become a hulk! Because when he will transform, he cannot control himself. He dont mind hitting anybody and destroy anything. Sometimes, we are like a bad "hulk" when we are angry. The result, we suffer and sorry for the damage, but how can you help it if its too late! This is just a reminder for each one one of us to help ourself to discipline and have a self control.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good information..


See More Details